About the TExES CAT Tests
TExES CAT Tests Offered
TExES CAT tests are administered separately from the TExES PBT tests at specially equipped test centers. Most CAT tests are offered on a continuous basis while others are offered only during limited-administration windows. Almost all of the TExES CAT tests consist entirely of multiple-choice questions. However, some limited-administration tests also contain a constructed-response section with questions that require you to produce a response that is either written, typed or spoken. In 2012-13, the following tests will be offered as CAT tests.
Continuous CAT Tests
- Bilingual Education Supplemental (164)
- Bilingual Generalist EC-6 (192)
- English as a Second Language Supplemental (154)
- English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 (117)
- Generalist EC-6 (191)
- Generalist 4-8 (111)
- Health EC-12 (157)
- History 8-12 (133)
- Life Science 8-12 (138)
- Mathematics 4-8 (115)
- Mathematics 8-12 (135)
- Music EC-12 (177)
- Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities EC-12 (160)
- Physical Education EC-12 (158)
- Principal (068)
- Science 4-8 (116)
- Science 8-12 (136)
- Social Studies 4-8 (118)
- Social Studies 8-12 (132)
- Special Education EC-12 (161)
Limited-Administration CAT Tests (Multiple-Choice Only)
- Art EC-12 (178)
- Business Education 6-12 (176)
- Chemistry 8-12 (140)
- Dance 8-12 (179)
- Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (181)
- Educational Diagnostician (153)
- English as a Second Language/Generalist EC-6 (193)
- English Language Arts and Reading/Social Studies 4-8 (113)
- Gifted and Talented Supplemental (162)
- Journalism 8-12 (156)
- Mathematics/Physical Science/Engineering 8-12 (174)
- Mathematics/Science 4-8 (114)
- Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities for Trade and Industrial Education 8-12 (170)
- Physical Science 8-12 (137)
- Physics/Mathematics 8-12 (143)
- Reading Specialist (151)
- School Counselor (152)
- School Librarian (150)
- Special Education Supplemental (163)
- Speech 7-12 (129)
- Superintendent (195)
- Technology Applications EC-12 (142)
- Theatre EC-12 (180)
- Visually Impaired (182)
Limited-Administration CAT Tests (with Constructed Response)
- Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test (BTLPT) Spanish (190)
- English Language Arts and Reading 8-12 (131)
- LOTE French EC-12 (610)
- LOTE German EC-12 (611)
- LOTE Latin EC-12 (612)
- LOTE Spanish EC-12 (613)
Back to Top
The TExES Registration Bulletin is a free publication that contains program information, test dates, contact information and registration procedures.
Back to Top
Fees for Tests and Related Services
$120 Test fee (per test)
$50 International site fee
$15 Test, test center, test date or test session change
$70 BTLPT Spanish; LOTE French, German, Latin, Spanish EC-12 written/oral response score verification
$35 English Language Arts and Reading 8-12 written response score verification
$20 Fee for returned check
The above amounts are exclusive of any Sales and Use, Value-Added or similar taxes.
- Online and phone payments can be made by credit/debit card (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® and VISA®) or
- E-check (funds must be from a U.S. bank)
- All fees are stated in U.S. dollars.
- All outstanding balances with ETS must be paid in full prior to registering for any ETS-administered tests.
- All payments must be for the full amount.
- If you do not have sufficient credit or funds in your account, your scores will be withheld, you will be unable to register for additional tests, and an additional service fee of $20 will be added to your account. You will receive your scores as soon as the total outstanding balance has been cleared, unless your scores are being withheld for any other reason.
- Services may be withheld for nonpayment of fees.
- Refunds of test fees will be made in U.S. dollar denominations.
- There are no refunds for service fees.
- ETS reserves the right to add or remove payment methods at its own discretion.
Back to Top