What tests should I take?
You should consult your Educator Preparation Program to determine which tests to take. If you are seeking teacher certification in Texas based on an out-of-state/out-of-country, certification-by-examination, or charter school certificate, visit the TEA website or contact TEA for information about taking tests for these purposes.
Do I need authorization to test from my Educator Preparation Program?

If you are affiliated with an Educator Preparation Program (EPP), you must obtain approval to test from your program. See the Registration Bulletin for the test you are planning to take to find out if you need to obtain approval before you register.